Doggy Food: Fruits and Vegetable Strips
Giving the very old commercial branded dog foods might bore your furry friend. On rare cases, dogs develop heat rashes, and dry skin due to the commercial food items. So, why don’t you try something new for your puppy and amaze him/her with a tasty yummy treat?
Here is an homemade dog recipe that could mesmerize your doggie with new food as well as save your money in lumps!!
Today’s Recipe: Fruits and Vegetable Strips
This one will definitely treat your dog with better yummy food alternative to chewy snacks sold in pet stores. They get digested easily as it is filled with only fruits and veggies. Best food to offer your dog during training sessions as a compliment or reward.
Fruits and Vegetable Strips are rich in Vitamin C that gives strength to your pets immune system. Let’s look on how to make it!
Ingredients to make Fruits and Vegetable Strips for your pet dog:
- Sweet potato – 1 no.
- Medium sized Banana – 1 no.
- Carrots (Minced) – 1 Cup
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce – 1/2 Cup
- Wheat Flour – 2 Cups
- Rolled Oats – 1 Cup
- Water – 1/3 Cup
Directions to cook Fruits and Vegetable Strips
- Boil the sweet potato until the inside gets softer (may be some 8 to 10 mins in oven).
- Add the sweet potato along with Banana and mash it well in a mixing bowl. Add carrot, wheat flour and rolled oats, and include add sauce and water slowly to the mixture.
- Make dough with all the ingredients.
- Roll the dough to a floured surface and make it thicker of about to 1/8 inch.
- Now, cut down the dough into strips
- Cook these pieces on a baking sheet in a microwave oven for a maximum of half an hour
- The leftovers may be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks or more.
That’s all your doggie treat is ready! Serve this to him/her and see how amazing he/her would react in tasting it.